The Garage Learning DIY Kits bring tech and engineering skills to filmmaking » Gadget Flow

first_img– Advertisement – Making visual engineering accessible and empowering everyday people, The Garage Learning DIY Kits inspire creativity and give you the skills and tools you need to create amazing videos. Use them in conjunction with The Garage Learning’s online courses—available in beginner, intermediate/advanced, and pro—because these DIY kits suit anyone and everyone. In fact, they’re for filmmakers, photographers, food stylists, tinkerers, hobbyists, bloggers, entrepreneurs, makers, and more. The collection of kits include LED Lights, Triggering Devices, Catapults, Sliders, Turntable, Dropper, and Pourer. LED Lights to teach the basics of electricity and how to solder and work with LED strips. Additionally, Triggering Devices teach you how to power objects in a repeatable and programmable fashion, DMX basics, and Arduino. Furthermore, Catapults can launch liquids, solids, and products. Sliders move cameras, models, and objects in a smooth, controlled fashion. And Turntable, Dropper, and Pourer kits spin products, pour liquids, and drop objects.last_img read more

Drug bust nets P105-K ‘shabu’

first_imgThey were nabbed after selling suspected shabu to an undercover cop for P1,500 around 7 p.m. on May 4, it added. The 25-year-old Rigor Capana, 21-year-old Juncel Cuenca and 27-year-old resident Jerald Flores yielded the suspected illegal drugs, a police report showed. BACOLOD City – Nine sachets of suspected shabu weighing about seven grams valued at around P105,000 were seized in a buy-bust operation in Barangay Mambulac, Silay City, Negros Occidental.center_img The suspects were detained in the lockup cell of the Silay City police station.Charges for violation of Republic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 will be filed against them./PNlast_img read more

Leising named chair of the Senate Committee on Agriculture

first_imgState Sen. Jean Leising will chair senate agriculture committee.INDIANAPOLIS – State Senator Jean Leising (R-Oldenburg) has been appointed the chair of the Senate Committee on Agriculture and ranking member of the Senate Committee on Natural Resources for the upcoming General Assembly.“I am honored and excited to take on these new leadership positions,” Leising said.  “My experience in owning and operating a farm provides a useful perspective and gives Indiana’s farmers a strong voice at the Statehouse.”The 2015 legislative session ceremonially began Tuesday, Nov. 18, with Organization Day. Legislators will reconvene early January, and by law must conclude by April 29.last_img read more

England monitors Arsenal’s Bukayo Saka

first_imgRelatedPosts EPL: Gunners gun down Saints Two defeats after coronavirus-induced stoppage cost coach his job Thiago Alcantara out for three weeks Arsenal winger Bukayo Saka is being monitored by England’s Under 21s after bursting onto the scene this season.Saka has made three Premier League starts already and scored during the 3-0 Europa League win at Frankfurt.The Under 19 international is in England’s thinking ahead of games against Holland and Albania next month.“He is definitely on the radar,” manager Aidy Boothroyd said. “I saw him play against (Nottingham) Forest (last month). I know what he’s all about. He’ll do well enough before long.”Arsenal teammate Joe Willock believes it is only a matter of time before Saka makes the step up.“There are so many players coming through the ranks who are thriving with ability,” Willock said. “Saka isn’t in the squad but he’s an amazing player and I’m sure he will be one day.”Tags: Eintracht FrankfurtJoe Willocklast_img read more

D’Tigress players roar ahead of OQT opener

first_imgRelatedPosts Global COVID-19 cases surpass 27m – Johns Hopkins Quadri Aruna leads Africa to World Cup Everton sign Brazil midfielder from Napoli D’Tigress players have set their sights on clinching one of the available tickets on offer when they begin their Olympics Qualifiers Tournament campaign against Mozambique on Thursday. Having missed the 2016 Olympic games in Brazil, the high flying team, currently ranked 17th in the world on the back of a quarter final finish at the World Cup and two back to back Afrobasket wins, are motivated to start on a winning note. Team Captain, Adaora Elonu, said the game against fellow African team, Mozambique, is a must win as they are determined to get the job done within the quickest possible time frame. She said: “We don’t want to put Nigerians through the harrowing experience of permutation and calculating whether we have to beat Serbia or USA if we lose against Mozambique in our opening game.” Elonu was quick to rule out the possibilities of the team getting complacent when they face Mozambique at the Aleksandar Nikolic Hall in Belgrade. It would be recalled that D’Tigress in 2019 defeated Mozambique in Maputo during the pre-qualifiers by 57-48 points with Elonu emerging top performer for the team with 12 points, nine rebounds and one assist. The Flammes Carolo of France Power Forward, Evelyn Akhator, said: “We are aware of the task ahead of us and the expectations back home in Nigeria and amongst our fans across the world.” Popularly known as the double-double Queen, Akhator reiterated: “With our rising profile in global basketball, our presence at the 2020 Olympics is not negotiable. We must do what we have to do to get what is expected of us.” Multiple Afrobasket winner and 34-year-old Aisha Mohammed Balarabe, rumoured to be eyeing retirement from the national team fold, said: “If it is to give the last pint of our blood while playing Mozambique tomorrow, we shall.” Winner of the clash will book an automatic ticket to the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo, Japan.Tags: 2016 Olympic GamesAdaora ElonuAleksander Nikolic HallBrazilD’TigressOQTWorld Cuplast_img read more

Tennis world commits over $6 million for COVID-19 player relief program

first_img(REUTERS) – TENNIS’S governing bodies and the organisers of the four Grand Slams said on Tuesday they will raise over $6 million (4.8 million pounds) to help players affected by the sport’s current shutdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic.The player relief program will target about 800 singles and doubles players collectively on the men’s and women’s tours, who are in need of financial support.“The creation of the player relief program is a positive demonstration of the sport’s ability to come together during this time of crisis,” the governing bodies of world tennis, including the ATP and WTA, along with the International Tennis Federation, said in a joint statement.“We will continue to collaborate and monitor the support required across tennis with the aim of ensuring the long-term health of the sport in the midst of this unprecedented challenge to our way of life, and our thoughts remain with all those affected at this time.”The men’s ATP Tour and the WTA, which runs the women’s circuit, will administer the financial distributions of the program and all contributions will be split equally between men and women.Eligibility for the program will take into account a player’s ranking as well as previous prize money earnings according to criteria agreed by all stakeholders.While the fund from the seven stakeholders makes up the backbone of the program, funds raised through initiatives such as auctions and player donations are welcomed.The professional tennis season was halted in early March due to the coronavirus pandemic until at least July 13, which makes it difficult for those in the lower echelons of the sport, who depend solely on tournament winnings, to earn a living.last_img read more

Why I Left Track & Field for British Royal Navy, By…

first_img“I decided to take my bow at that early age to start a life (in British Navy) for myself and my family because I was tired of always asking for money that was not coming especially when I was injured on more than one occasion for the country (Nigeria),” observed Fasuba fondly called ‘Flash’ during his track career.Apart from the African record in the 100m of 9.85 seconds, just 0.27 of a second slower than the fastest man in the world at the time, (Usain Bolt),Fasuba also has to his long list of medals a bronze in the 4x100m relay at the 2004 Athens Olympics, gold in the 100m and 4x100m relay at the 2007 All-Africa Games in Algiers and gold at the 2008 World Indoor Championships 60m in Valencia, Spain.But Fasuba stressed that after he clocked the new African sprint record at the Doha Grand Prix to erase Frankie Fredricks’ 9.86sec previous title he was injured and had to spend a lot of money to be able to run again.“When I got injured after the African record, I spent a total of $15,000USD to get my self treated in Germany by the best doctor. That was the same doctor that treats Jamaican Usain Bolt and Tyson Gay of USA. To give you a bigger picture, I was treated in the low grade room because the others paid four times more,” revealed the Sapele-born former sprinter now a logistic expert for British Navy.Despite his pleading to the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports to assist him with the payment for his treatment in Germany, Fasuba was ignored and was expected to continue to race for Nigeria.“I was told by the ministry to send the receipts for the treatment which I did. I am still waiting for the funds. Only God knows when I am going to get the refund….Maybe I will get it when am gone?” queried Africa’s fastest man to date.He however admitted that to get to the elite class of track & field takes a lot of time and money.“Being a professional athlete is expensive. That’s just my point and when athletes get grants, I can assure you that it doesn’t solve a quarter of our problems (training costs) as it is not enough,” Fasuba further hinted.While fielding a question from a former top official of the Nigerian Olympic Committee (NOC), Fasuba admitted being honored and given financial support of $10,000 USD from his home Ekiti State government .“I got a gift of $10,000 USD and not N10million from my state government for doing the State and Nigeria proud as Africa’s fastest man. At that time, in as much as it looks like a big gift which I cherished from my state, I knew as a professional that the amount ($10,000) will not take me till my old age or last me a year as training fees for a professional athlete is very expensive.“And since I knew Nigeria had no plan for me and my Adidas sponsors (who paid me even more than that $10,000) was just till I got injured or I retired, the best option was what I did to have a secured future for me and my young family,” concludes Fasuba who remains a fanatical follower of Nigerian track & field.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Duro IkhazuagbeEight years after African record holder in the 100m, Olusoji Fasuba, 35, dumped Nigeria and track & field to seek a new career in Royal British Navy in 2012, the 60m World Indoor champion has explained why he quit the sport that brought him fame and honours.Speaking from his base in the United Kingdom yesterday on FUBS WhatsApp platform, Fasuba whose 9.85secs African 100m record has endured 14 years without any sign of been erased soon, insisted that he took that option of a new career (in British Navy) because there was no future for him in athletics in Nigeria.last_img read more

Trojans’ woes continue as team falls twice in Hawaii

first_imgWith the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation playoff picture beginning to take shape, the USC men’s volleyball team (4-11) found themselves on the outside looking in as they headed to Honolulu for a weekend doubleheader. With the pressure on, the Trojans were unable to rise to the occasion, dropping both games in five sets.Free fall · Sophomore outside hitter Christian Rivera and the rest of the USC men’s volleyball team have yet to hit their stride so far this season. – Ralf Cheung | Daily TrojanHawai’i (7-12) entered the weekend with a situation similar to the Trojans. The Warriors, led by freshman Sinisa Zarkovic, has enjoyed limited success this season, which has been highlighted by their four-game losing streak entering their game against the Trojans. The Trojans had a chance to make up for their own disappointing season with a pair of games against their underachieving hosts. Unfortunately, this was not the case.USC was hot at the start of Friday’s match thanks to a combined seven kills from junior opposite Tanner Jansen and sophomore middle blocker Robert Feathers. Though they found themselves trailing 18-21 near the end of the first set, the Trojans went on a tear, winning nine of the next 13 points to win the set. They carried this momentum with them into the second set, taking an early lead and holding on to go up two sets to none.But from there, it was all Warriors. Hawai’i rode a wave of aggressive serving and stellar passing to three consecutive set victories. And despite three match points in the fourth, the Trojans were unable to close out the match and were defeated 25-26, 21-25, 25-22, 26-24, 15-9.“Everything was clicking for us offensively and defensively,” USC head coach Bill Ferguson said. “We saw our game plan play out even better than it did in the Stanford match, but once we went to the fifth it was pretty hard to turn the tide back in our favor.”Though disappointing, Friday’s match featured a number of positives for the team, including a match-high 20 kills from Jansen and a season-high of nine service aces for the team. From a statistical standpoint, this was a great match for the Trojans but, unfortunately, they fell victim to an even better night from the Warriors.“Hats off to them — they played a great match,” Ferguson said. “It was one of the toughest losses since I’ve been here at USC, and I thought our guys played their tails off.”Looking to avenge Friday’s loss, Jansen once again took control of the Trojans in the first set of Sunday’s rematch. His leadership on the court allowed USC to stay ahead of a confident opposing squad. Although the Warriors were able to make it close in the end, Jansen’s seventh kill of the first set, followed by a decisive ace, gave the Trojans the first set 25-20.Unfortunately, for the second time in three days, USC’s lead was to be short-lived. The Warriors turned it on in the second set, taking advantage of USC’s attacking errors and jumping out to a comfortable lead and an easy 25-21 victory. USC’s errant hitting continued into the third set and Hawai’i was able to take the 2-1 advantage.Despite the strong play from Hawai’i, USC refused to go down in the fourth set. Much like the Warriors in their previous meeting, the Trojans needed to win to stay alive. This time, it was sophomore outside hitter Joey Booth leading the attack, with seven kills in the set and giving the Trojans a 25-23 win to force a fifth set.“The fourth set was proof to me why we recruited these kids,” Ferguson said. “After losing back-to-back five set matches, I think most people would’ve quit, but they played the best volleyball they’ve played all year.”Despite this display of resilience, USC’s struggles resurfaced in the fifth set. Although they took an early lead, the Trojans hit a dismal .056 and were unable to hold on for the win. The Warriors won 13 of the last 18 points en route to a 15-9 win in the fifth set and their second match victory of the weekend.USC’s woes were made worse with the loss of sophomore middle blocker Ben Lam, who went down on Sunday with an what Ferguson called a “serious” ankle injury. With only nine matches remaining, this will make USC’s hunt for the playoffs even more difficult.The team’s next match will be played in the Lyon Center on Friday at 7 p.m. against the No. 2 UC Irvine Anteaters.last_img read more

Jamaica Re-positioned in the Japanese Travel Market

first_imgJamaica’s Ambassador to Japan Ricardo Allicock, Minister of Tourism Edmund Bartlett,Chairman of Japan Association of Travel Agents, Hiromi Tagawa & Director of Tourism Donovan White OSAKA, Japan – Destination Jamaica received resounding support from the Japan Association of Travel agents (JATA) in the quest to increase arrivals from that country.  In a meeting with the Jamaican Delegation to the recent Tourism Expo Japan, Chairman of JATA, Hiromi Tagawa said “JATA is pleased that Jamaica is once again active in the Japanese travel market. We are committed to helping to promote the destination among our members. Arrival numbers to Jamaica will increase.”Edmund Bartlett, Minister of Tourism, who led the Jamaican delegation at the expo, spoke to the improvements in the tourism product which would appeal to the Japanese market. “The expansion in Jamaica’s tourism is very attractive to today’s Japanese traveler.  For the millennials, we offer adventure and entertainment, while for those travelers looking for an authentic cultural experience, we offer a culinary journey alongside world heritage sites.”Minister Bartlett also discussed the timeliness of Jamaica’s participation in Tourism Expo Japan, coming only three (3) months after the signing of a historic amendment to the open skies agreement between the US and Japan. The agreement allows for American, Delta, United and Hawaiian Airlines to improve and increase travel and trade between both countries thereby paving the way for enhanced connections to Caribbean destinations.Chairman of the Japan Outboud Tourism Council, Mr. Jungo Kikuma, agreed with Minister Bartlett, saying “With the anticipated increase in flights to the US, Japanese travel agents will now, more than ever, think about tourism beyond the US to destinations like Jamaica.  I am personally supportive of returning to the days when Jamaica was easily accessible to Japanese travelers and will support the efforts towards achieving this end.”The Jamaica delegation who attended Expo Japan in Osaka included Director of Tourism, Donovan White also had intense meetings with Airlines officials, Tour Operators, Media and Travel Agencies. White also used the opportunity to officially introduce Connect Worldwide CEO – Marjorie Dewey-Chibe, Jamaica’s new marketing representative in the Japanese marketplace. This announcement also received a strong vote of confidence from both Mr. Tagawa and Mr. Kikuma.last_img read more

Brazil 2014: German octopus predicts Ghana win over Germany

first_imgPaul the Octopus has a successor, and she has tipped the Black Stars to defeat the Germans today in the World Cup.Paul the octopus, the German psychic creature that rose to world wide stardom for correctly predicting matches at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, is no more. The Oberhausen-based ‘oracle’ has since died.But, it seems the world is witnessing the rise of it’s successor.Meet Regina, an Octopus in Berlin’s Sea Life aquarium who has risen to prominence after correctly predicting Germany’s Group G opening day win over Portugal in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.Given the choice of eating food from two different transparent containers containing flags of competing teams, Regina makes her oracular choice, and, she has made one ahead of Ghana’s all-important clash with Germany.Regina, despite being German, has predicted a Black Stars win against Die Mannschaft in Fortaleza. “It all started four years ago in the town of Oberhausen where Paul, possibly the most famous octopus in the world, managed to succesfully predict eight games in the World Cup in South Africa 2010,” Head Keeper of Sea Life aquarium Martin Hensil said.”So it seemed obvious to use those special octopus skills, and that’s why we built our oracle. We’re trying to o it with our own octopus.”It remains to be seen if Regina is as powerful as her celebrated predecessor. Saturday’s match at 19.00GMT in Fortaleza will prove if her oracular endowments are for real.last_img read more