K. Guraidhoo harbor was officially inaugurated last month, June 24, by Yameen Abdul Gayoom, the President of the Maldives, the Maldives Transport and Contracting Company Plc (MTCC) said in their latest announcement. The construction of the 281 long and 142m wide harbor started in February, 2014 and the project was successfully completed in October, 2017.According to MTCC, the scope of work for this project included construction of rock boulder breakwater and revetment and quay wall.Guraidhoo is one of the islands in a group of islands that the government has designated to be reclaimed as part of the land reclamation project implemented by Ministry of Housing and Infrastructure.The proposed reclamation and coastal protection project consists of the reclamation of the shallow lagoon west and south of Guriadhoo and undertaking the coastal protection to protect the reclaimed land.
Tweet Share LocalNews DDA identifies key pillars to grow tourism products in Dominica by: – May 26, 2011 Sharing is caring! Share 26 Views no discussions Share Chief Executive Officer of the Discover Dominica Authority Mr. Colin Piper. Chief Executive Officer of Discover Dominica Authority Collin piper says three key pillars have been identified by the DDA in an attempt to grow the country’s tourism products.Piper who is also the Chairman of the Dominica Festival Committee says Carnival is one such pillar.He says the event which falls under culture is one that brings visitors to the Island.He says this year’s carnival represented 22.2 percent of visitor arrival for the months of February and March.Piper was addressing the audience at the carnival prize giving ceremony at the Arawak House of Culture on Tuesday.These events are a driving force in causing visitors to come to Dominica and we would like have more vents like carnival throughout the year particularly in June, September and November…by all account, this year’s carnival was great,” he said.Piper says it is his hope that the DFC will receive sufficient funding to continue growing the carnival product Dominica Vibes News
Share In photo: Pearl Ettienne. Photo credit: imagesnewsletter.comThe National Women’s Cricket Team will seek to bring home the first championship, when they leave the island on Saturday, to participate in the Regional Women’s Cricket Tournament.Fourteen (14) players and three (3) reserves have been selected to represent Dominica in the Tournament, which begins in Barbados on Monday, August 8th, 2011.The players were selected by a four-member selection board, following weeks of intense training at the Windsor Park Stadium.Captain of the team, Pearl Ettienne said that the team is well prepared for the tournament.“They chose fourteen players and three reserves from a field of over thirty players who did the weeks of training at the Stadium. Preparations are ongoing, we have very good team spirit and I think we are more than ready for the tournament,” Pearl told Dominica Vibes News.Although Dominica has never won the tournament in the past, Ettienne is confident that the team will make a good showing at the tournament.“We have a very story side in both batting and bowling. We have an experienced player in the name of Sharon Gregoire making a comeback. She is one of the players that everyone will be depending on,” a confident Pearl said.The team is expected to leave Dominica on Saturday, August 5th and will return on August 15th.The team is expected to play matches against St Lucia, Antigua, St Vincent and the Grenadines and Barbados in Group B of the Tournament.Dominica Vibes News Share Share Tweet 30 Views no discussions Sharing is caring! LocalNewsSports Dominica prepared for the Regional Women’s Cricket Tournament by: – August 5, 2011
Samir Handanovic’s late penalty save rescued a point for Inter as the Serie A leaders laboured to a 1-1 draw against Atalanta at San Siro.Advertisement Martinez was fortunate not to concede a spot-kick when he impeded Rafael Toloi towards the end of the first half, while substitute Ruslan Malinovskiy rattled the upright after the restart.Robin Gosens poached a deserved equaliser 15 minutes from time and only Handanovic’s heroics from Luis Muriel’s 88th-minute effort from the spot denied Atalanta the victory.Champions Juventus will go two points ahead of Inter at the summit if they win at Roma on Sunday.The Nerazzurri’s lethal front two made their presence felt early when Martinez took Lukaku’s return pass away from Toloi and blasted under Atalanta goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini.LAUTARO MARTINEZ GOAL INTER MILAN 1-0 FOLLOW FOR LIVE GOALS pic.twitter.com/yfFakZ4orU— HD GOALS LIVE (@HDGoalsLive) January 11, 2020In keeping with their vibrant attacking style, Atalanta sought a swift response – Mario Pasalic curling wide from the edge of the area before Duvan Zapata was unable to get enough power on his header to trouble Handanovic.More textbook forward play from Lukaku and Martinez in the 22nd minute ended with Jose Luis Palomino heading the Argentina striker’s chipped attempt off the line.Martinez almost blotted a fine half when he grabbed at Toloi’s ankle as the defender followed up a 41st-minute header saved by Handanovic, although referee Gianluca Rocchi inexplicably decided not to review the incident. Lautaro Martinez combined wonderfully with strike partner Romelu Lukaku to score his 15th goal of the season in the fourth minute but Antonio Conte’s side were then largely outplayed by a typically ambitious Atalanta. Read Also: Ibrahimovic inspires AC Milan to victory in first startAtalanta boss Gian Piero Gasperini introduced Malinovskiy for Zapata in the 53rd minute and the Ukraine international almost had an instant impact, curling a sweetly struck left-footed effort from Alejandro Gomez’s pass against the post from the edge of the area.Waves of Atalanta attacks continued and they had their reward 15 minutes from time when Josip Ilicic’s right-wing cross fell to Gosens for a smart back-post finish.Alessandro Bastoni clumsily bundled into Malinovskiy during the dying minutes but fellow substitute Muriel fluffed his lines from 12 yards.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content7 Facts About Black Holes That Will Blow Your Mind2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearBest Car Manufacturers In The World7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better20 Facts That’ll Change Your Perception Of “The Big Bang Theory”10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoHere’s What Everyday Objects Look Like If Cut In Half6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Everything You Need To Know About Asteroid Armageddon10 TV Characters Who Were Destined To Become Iconic Loading…
Regan Villanueva of Barangay Luna, CadizCity was believed to have been drowned, a police report showed. Officers of the Cadiz City have yet torule out foul play in the incident. Investigations were ongoing as of thiswriting. /PN His lifeless body was discovered around11:40 a.m. on Feb. 14, it added. BACOLOD City – A 12-year-old boy wasfound dead floating in the river in Barangay Caduha-an, Cadiz City, NegrosOccidental.
Presidential spokesman Harry Roque dismissed the criticism and said elements of the bill were patterned on those used in countries that had dealt effectively with extremism.“Hindi po tumitigil sa pag atake ang mga terorista sa sibilyan maski meron po tayong COVID-19 pandemic,” Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said in a virtual press conference in Davao City on Thursday.Roque also said that, even if the controversial measure was certified as urgent by President Duterte, he will still review it before signing it into law.“Bagamat it was certified as urgent, hindi naman automatic na pipirmahan ‘yan ni Presidente. That is still subject for final review by the President,” the Palace spokesperson said./PN MANILA – Vice President Leni Robredo has raised concern about the enactment of the controversial Anti-Terror Bill, warning of draconian and arbitrary provisions could lead to spate of wrongful arrests.Robredo issued the statement after the House of Representatives have passed on third and final reading on Wednesday the measure, which was adopted from the Senate version passed earlier this year.“Terorismo ba talaga ang tuon ng Anti-Terror Bill? O gusto lang nitong bigyan ng kapangyarihan ang estado para bansagang terorista kung sino man ang kanilang gusto?” Robredo said. The bill allows surveillance on suspected terrorists. It would remove the existing provision of the Human Security Law imposing P500,000 a day penalty on authorities for detention of any person acquitted of terrorism charges.“Nagdudulot ito ng pangamba na maaaring gamitin ang batas upang siilin ang karapatan nating magpahayag ng malayang saloobin, especially in the wrong hands,” Robredo added.Malacañang on the other hand defended President Duterte’s urgency to turn the measure into a law with the terrorist groups continuing their attack even if the country is under COVID-19 pandemic. “Terorismo ba talaga ang tuon ng Anti-Terror Bill?” asks Vice President Leni Robredo. She questioned the timing of the anti-terror bill, which President Rodrigo Duterte certified as urgent. LENI ROBREDO/FACEBOOK The Anti-Terror bill, which President Rodrigo Duterte certified as urgent, penalizes any person who incites others to commit terrorism by means of speeches, proclamations, writings, emblems, banners or other representations with a jail time of 12 years.“Sa kabilang banda, maraming probisyon ang nakatutok sa pagpapalawak ng kung sino ang puwedeng bansagang terorista, at sa pagbabawas ng mga checks and balances laban sa mga wrongful arrest,” Robredo added.
Vissel Kobe have announced record revenue thanks to the presence of Barcelona icon, Andres Iniesta. The club recorded an operating profit of 11.44 billion yen – around 96 million euros – in the 2019 fiscal year, which ended on March 31. It marks the first time that any Japanese team has exceeded 10 billion yen, according to a report released by the J-League on Wednesday.Advertisement read also:Ronaldo, Iniesta inspire Angel Gomes The club’s previous record was 9.66 billion yen – 81 million euros – in 2018. Vissel Kobe’s sponsorship revenue increased by 10 million euros, while ticket sales also increased considerably. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Promoted ContentWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreGreat Entertainer Became A Milestone In The History Of CensorshipCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way10 Gorgeous Bollywood Divas Who Earn A Lot11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table Top10 Stunning Asian Actresses No Man Can ResistWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?6 Most Overpowered Live Action Disney Characters6 Reasons Sharks Are Afraid Of Dolphins6 Unforgettable Shows From The 90s That Need To Make A ComebackBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made
Graziano Pelle marked his Southampton debut with two goals as Ronald Koeman’s men eased past Belgian minnows Sporting Hasselt. The Italian striker opened the scoring in the fifth minute and added his second just past the half-hour as the Saints eased to a 6-0 victory. Second half goals from Sam McQueen, Emmanuel Mayuka, Sam Gallagher and an own goal completed the scoring against the Belgian third division side. Joe Cole made his debut for Aston Villa as Paul Lambert’s side edged a 3-1 win over Mansfield at the One Call Stadium. Cole, a summer free transfer from West Ham, played the whole first half in which the Sky Bet League Two side led through an Alex Fisher header. Darren Bent made the difference in an entirely changed second half line-up, tapping home an Alan Hutton cut-back to equalise on 61 minutes. Gary Gardner put Villa in front in the 85th minute and Bent scored his second when he headed home an Andreas Weimann cross in the final minute. Press Association
But, overall Van Gaal has the full backing of the board. Nevertheless, United also concede they must start making plans for when Van Gaal’s contract expires in the summer of 2017. The United hierarchy is understood to be watching with interest to see how Neville performs in his first management role at Valencia. United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward sent the former United captain a good luck message after his shock appointment on Wednesday and the 40-year-old will come into consideration for the job at Old Trafford if he performs well in Spain. Ryan Giggs’ stock has risen because of his development as a coach since being appointed Van Gaal’s assistant and the former winger “triple-ticks” some of the requirements the board will set for the next United boss. Senior sources at Old Trafford also concede they will also discuss more experienced managers when considering who will replace Van Gaal in 18 months’ time. Press Association Sport understands the United board will be happy to sanction more spending by Van Gaal in the January transfer window, although as the Dutchman has conceded himself, it will be hard to land all the club’s top targets. United are seriously considering signing a left-back in January because of injuries to Luke Shaw and Marcos Rojo, but Ashley Cole, who is out of favour at Roma, is not being considered, sources said. United are willing to pay big to bring in a marquee signing next summer – Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Neymar have all been mentioned as targets – but there is a also a recognition that signing such a big name will be difficult. One person who has no future at Old Trafford is Victor Valdes. The former Barcelona goalkeeper, who fell out with Van Gaal after he accused him of not wanting to play for the Under-21s last season, is free to leave in January. Although Van Gaal has guided United to within touching distance of the Premier League summit, he has come in for criticism for the team’s style of play this season. Neville’s former team-mate Paul Scholes branded United “boring” while there have been some dissenting voices in the crowd at Old Trafford too. Manchester United will keep a close eye on Gary Neville’s progress at Valencia as they start planning for life after Louis van Gaal’s departure in 2017. Press Association Annoyed at Van Gaal’s possession-based style of play, some supporters have started yelling “attack, attack, attack” at the team and they have also booed them off on a few occasions. But, crucially for Van Gaal, he is understood to retain the full backing of the United board, with those above him expecting him to see out the remaining 18 months of his contract. The boardroom belief is that there is no widespread dissatisfaction with Van Gaal among United fans. Senior figures at Old Trafford have dismissed reports there is disharmony between Van Gaal and his players and they also acknowledge the Dutchman is getting results. Going into this weekend’s round of fixtures, United are one point behind leaders Manchester City. At this stage last season, Van Gaal’s team had lost three times and were 11 points behind table toppers Chelsea. Naturally, there is disappointment among senior figures about United’s precarious position in the Champions League. They believed United were handed the easiest group and should have qualified top with a match to spare, but the only way Van Gaal’s men can guarantee their progression to the last 16 is if they beat Wolfsburg away in their final match on Tuesday.