The Minister of Youth and Sports, Mr. Lenn Eugene Nagbe, has disclosed that the Tumutu Agriculture Training site in Bong County, is shortly to reopen to train Liberian youths.The site, which is located in one of Liberia’s oldest districts, Salala, was one of the pivotal agricultural training sites for young people and others interested in agriculture before the Liberian civil war.Bong, Lofa and Nimba counties, before the civil war, produced most of the nation’s food. Lofa County in particular was referred to as the ‘nation’s bread basket,’ in the 1980s.Min. Nagbe said in his welcome remarks that the Tumutu Agricultural Training site would be reopened shortly to give training opportunities to young people with a career in agriculture.He stated that arrangements have been made with ArcelorMittal to renovate the LAMCO Vocational Training Center (LVTC) in Yekepa, Nimba County.Mr. Nagbe used the occasion to thank the Chinese Government for constructing the MVTC facilities, adding: “Considering that a greater portion of Liberia’s population is youthful, the vocational training center is important to the TVET program in meeting their needs.”He said courses to be offered at the MVTC will include Electricity, Plumbing, Welding, Masonry,and Carpentry. One of the program attendees said these are disciplines that are needed for the reconstruction of Liberia.The new US$9 million MVTC located on Somalia Drive, outside Monrovia is inclusive of many projects that the Chinese government has completed and turned over to the Liberian government. Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Five men attached to the Guyana Fire Service (GFS) have been hospitalised after the fire engine in which they were travelling veered off the road and crashed into a daycare centre under construction at De Kinderen, West Coast Demerara.The injured men have been identified as: vehicle driver Section Leader Troy Gravesande, 45, and firemen Adrian Benjamin, 24; Quinton Damon, 36; Errol Hyman, 42; and Bryant Bobb, 20.Based on reported received, fire tender PRR 1635 had responded to a fire at Parika, East Bank Essequibo, and was returning to the Leonora Fire Station, at about 14:30h, when the accident occurred.Workers from a mechanic shop opposite the daycare centre ran to assist the men, pulling them from the blazing vehicle and rushing them to the West Demerara Regional Hospital, where they were admitted.At time of the incident, workers were not on site, as construction of the daycare facility had ceased as a result of the inclement weather.Residents of the area have reported that the fire truck was heading at a fast rate around a turn when the driver lost control and the vehicle toppled, crashing into daycare center under construction.An investigation has been launched.
0Shares0000Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says Spurs fans deserve a trophy © AFP/File / Glyn KIRKLONDON, United Kingdom, May 24 – Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has signed a new five-year contract, ending speculation over his future at the Premier League club.The Argentine, who has led Spurs to three successive top-three finishes in the Premier League, has penned fresh terms to keep him in north London until 2023. “I am honoured to have signed a new long-term contract as we approach one of the most significant periods in the club’s history and be the manager that will lead this team into our new world-class stadium,” he was quoted as saying on the club’s official website.“This is just one of the factors that makes this one of the most exciting jobs in world football and we are already making plans to ensure we continue to build on the great work that everyone has contributed to over the past four years.”Chairman Daniel Levy said the club had been on an “extraordinary journey”.“Mauricio has fostered an incredible spirit in the team and has embraced a style of play our fans have loved watching,” he said. “I know they will welcome this commitment by Mauricio.”Pochettino, who joined the club from Southampton in 2014, sparked speculation over his future in the closing weeks of the English season.Following the FA Cup semi-final defeat against Manchester United, he hinted at a future with somebody else at the helm, even if there was no indication he was intending to step down.Spurs sealed Champions League football for a third straight season by finishing third in the Premier League despite having reportedly just the sixth highest wage bill behind Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.Tottenham have also spent only a fraction of the hundreds of millions paid out in the transfer market by the two Manchester clubs, who took the top two spots in the league.Instead, Pochettino has worked wonders by developing and improving a talented young squad, featuring the likes of England stars Harry Kane and Dele Alli.But despite their rapid improvement in recent years both domestically and in Europe, Spurs have not won silverware since 2008.Last week the Argentine, 46, called on Levy to match his ambitions by being “brave” in the transfer market ahead of the moving to a new 62,000-capacity stadium from their temporary home of Wembley.However, Pochettino’s wishes could be hampered by spiralling costs for the new stadium, which reports say could hit £1 billion ($1.3 billion).First-team coaching staff Jesus Perez, Miguel D’Agostino and Toni Jimenez have also agreed new contracts with the club.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Check out this stunner from Inter Milan youngster Demetrio Steffe for Inter Milan against AC Milan.
1 Gary Cahill Gary Cahill knows Chelsea need to start making their own luck if they are to turn around their rotten season.Jose Mourinho’s men have been a shadow of the side that so impressively won the title last term, having lost half of their opening eight Premier League fixtures.It leaves the west Londoners 16th in the standings and 10 points behind leaders Manchester City, making this weekend’s home clash with Aston Villa important for both embattled sides.Cahill expects to be fit to face his former club after a back complaint during an international break which saw Branislav Ivanovic and Nemanja Matic forced off through injury playing for Serbia.“I don’t know how bad their injuries are, hopefully not too bad,” Cahill said of the pair – the latter of whom returned for their defeat to Portugal.“My injury is okay.“Luck’s not on our side at the minute, but you have to make your own luck in terms of performances at the club.“That’s something I’m determined to put right and I’m sure everyone else is.“It’s not a nice feeling at the minute and one we don’t want to have for very much longer.”
Aodh Ruadh club notesAll Ireland quarter-final Ticket arrangements Final details for ticketing arrangements will not be announced until Monday, July 30th.Ticket orders can be placed until 8pm on Monday, July 30th by contacting Emma Gaughan 0863039610alternatively tickets can be purchased through Supervalu. Prices are likely to be set at €30 for adults with a concession given on the turnstile for students, OAPs and juveniles.The club family fun day takes place this Sunday with the hope of having a special guest along in the form of the newly won Anglo-Celt. This promises to be a great day of free entertainment and all are welcome to come along and support/enjoy.Bric-a-brac donations can be dropped off to Fr Tierney Park this Friday.Ladies GAAThe Aodh Ruadh Ladies will play Termon in Championship this Sunday at 12noon in the park. Best of luck to all concerned.HurlingOn Friday last, three Aodh Ruadh u-16 hurlers represented Ulster against Connacht in Ballyhaunis in the annual tournament between the provinces. Ulster comprehensively won the two games, Colm Kelly Jamie Brennan and Eddie Lynch wore the Ulster jersey with pride and showed they were well able to hurl at this level. It’s a great achievement by the lads to represent their province and all in Aodh Ruadh are very proud of them. The u 12s made the long trip to Buncrana on Thursday to take on the local lads in the league. The lads put up a good show but the Inishowen men’s ability to take their scores was the difference between the sides. They play Four Masters at home this Thursday. The u-16s got a walk over from Buncrana; they are also at home this week to Carndonagh.Date for the diary – the underage hurlers are making their annual trip to Croke Park on the 12th of August for the All Ireland semi final between Galway and the winners of this weeks encounter between Cork and WaterfordFantasy GAAJohnny Gallagher and his team “Falcarragh Shamrocks” are back on the top of the leaderboard this week after picking up 45 points (Donegal-35, Kildare-10) this weekend. He is only one point ahead of another former leader, Rory O’Neill and his “Ice Cream Rovers” who collected 42 points (Donegal-35, Ian Ryan-7). High score of the week goes to Moya Ferguson who amassed 70 points thanks to Donegal with 35 and Dublin with 35. This score propels Moya and her team “Magic hands” into 4th place. Last week’s leader Michael Doherty and his team “The Docs” fall to 3rd place while Bernard Drummond and his team “Barney the bookie” rounds out the top five. At the opposite end of the table Brian Boyle and his team “The Apprentice” remain rooted to the bottom of the table, and are in a titanic battle with Finbarr Gethins and his team “Finner Forever”. Only six points separate them and Charlie Patton and “Bookie men” are also in the mix a further single point ahead. With four more games this weekend, we are sure to see more changes next week.As always the leaderboard is available every Tuesday in the Bridgend Bar.Yes we canThe next aluminum can collection for recycling to raise much needed funds for Aodh Ruadh takes place this Saturday, July 28th at 12noon until 1pm at the Park. All other scrap metal is also welcome, please support.Club LottoThe numbers drawn were 4; 5; 11; 12; 15; and 18. The winners were Jimmy McGee, Roscor; John McFadden, Pettigo; Tracy Flood, Ballyshannon; Mary Granaghan, Ballyshannon and Francis McGinley, Ballyshannon. Next draw is in the Lantern on Sunday at 8.30pm.GAA NEWS: AODH RUADH CLUB NOTES was last modified: July 24th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:AODH RUADH CLUB NOTES
DONEGAL is set to bask in temperatures of 20C today in yet another super sunny weekend for the county.Our week of sunshine (with the very odd shower!) is set to continue tomorrow with more clear blue skies in the county tomorrow.Glenveagh National Park is reporting record numbers of Easter visitors and beaches from Buncrana to Bundoran are packing up. But there is still some doubt about Sunday evening and Monday morning.The BBC is reporting that temperatures will lower slightly to around 15C but the dry weather will continue.However the RTE forecast is predicting torrential rain all day Monday.Meanwhile Gardai are out in force again this Bank Holiday weekend in Donegal in a bid to make it an accident-free holiday. GoSafe speed detection vans have also been deployed at accident blackspots.And Gardai will be cracking down on people using mobile phones whilst driving.Road Safety Authority’s Michael Rowland warned: “People using phones while driving are killing themselves and other people.“If drivers must use a phone, then park in safe place and only then do so. Keep your eye on the road, not on the phone.”* Send us your holiday snaps to firstname.lastname@example.org TELL YOUR FAMILY & FRIENDS ABOUT DONEGALDAILY.COM AND JOIN 30,000 OTHER USERSTEMPERTURES TO HIT 20C IN SUPER SUNNY DONEGAL WEEKEND was last modified: April 30th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Next week the people of Donegal will be given a unique opportunity to have their say on Ireland’s future.We the Citizens is an independent national initiative aimed at renewing democracy and allowing citizens a real voice in Ireland’s future. The initiative is holding events all over the country, including Letterkenny and is calling on members of the public to come along and have their say.The Letterkenny meeting will be held in the Radisson hotel on June 7th, and organisers hope the event will be as successful as other events held around the country. It aims to allow the people of Donegal to discuss and contribute ideas about the kind of country and future they want.The ideas from the Donegal event will go towards the national citizens’ assembly held in Dublin on the 25th and 26th June, which will be made up of 150 people representing a cross-section of Irish society. They will consider proposals on making the political institutions of the State better suited to serving citizens.The Letterkenny event will be held in the Radisson Hotel on Tuesday June 7th at 7 pm with food served at 6.15 pm. To secure a place at this free event go to www.wethecitizens.ie or call 01-6706362. DONEGAL PEOPLE GET A CHANCE TO HAVE THEIR SAY IN IRELAND’S FUTURE was last modified: June 2nd, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Members of the Bangladeshi Community in Donegal hosted a festive New Year event at the Regional Cultural Centre in Letterkenny last week.“Pohela Boishakh” is the first day of the Bengali calendar and falls in April on the Gregorian calendar observed in Ireland.Bangla Year 1426 has been assigned the theme of “Let me hold my head high in this limitless sky”, which is a line from a poem by the highly acclaimed Bengali poet Rabindranath Tagore. In Bangladesh, the first day of the year is marked with joyous processions, singing, plays, special foods, and family time.People wear traditional red-and-white coloured outfits and women deck their hair with flowers to celebrate. The Letterkenny event began with the singing of the Bengali national anthem, followed by a short discussion on the history and significance of the day by Dr. Mohammed Rafiq Ullah, President of the Bangladeshi Community of Donegal, and Muhib Azad, Vice President.“Our children are our main priority,” Dr. Rafiq Ullah said. “Living in Donegal, they miss our traditional cultural programs.“But with this kind of event, our children can learn our traditional Bangla songs, poetry, plays, and dances, and share their experiences of these with children from other communities.“Children love this festival.”Delicious traditional foods were served during a lunch break which was followed by cultural performances featuring artists from the Bengali and Indian communities in Donegal.MCs for the programme were Bangladeshi Community of Donegal members Mina Khan and Obaydur Ruhel, who is also a member of the Donegal Intercultural Platform Steering Committee.Organisers paid thanks to event supporters, including Sharmila Kamat, Chairperson of the Donegal Indian Community, and the Building Intercultural Communities (BIC) Project, which is run by Donegal Travellers Project in conjunction with Donegal Intercultural Platform. Donegal’s Bangladeshi Community host festive New Year event in Letterkenny was last modified: May 4th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Any true blue fan of the scarlet and gold knows the 49ers haven’t won a Super Bowl since Deion Sanders left the Bay.He arrived with the 49ers stuck in a four-year Super Bowl drought. Seeking a jolt for the 1994 season, they turned to Sanders, who was looking for something more than he had with the Atlanta Falcons. He signed a one-year contract with San Francisco. The Los Angeles Times called Sanders “arguably the most powerful defensive weapon in the NFL.”Suffice to say the desired outcomes …